Monday, November 29, 2010

lately

I am nesting. Baking. Making. procrastinating. Hiding away from production. Resolved most days to carry on. This secret we shall keep and never speak of what can be done. Thank you for what has been done. I see you. I know you. I see your full potential. The all and the sum of what you are capable of if you only had a small encourager sitting on your shoulder, cheering you on and validating how wonderful you truly are.

I am standing at intersections busy and loud.
I am content to look down each road and see the middle.
I never see the end.
I stay.

I see love and passion and touch and song.
I cuddle close, content to catch the constant crashing chords.
constant crashing
I lift myself up with your words.
Affirmations.
Thank you.

You leave long long lines of silence
and I wonder where you are
where you've gone
when you will leave
and be gone
good-bye
bad-bye
there is no good in leaving
just
absence
and
silence
cradling
crashing
cleaving
to
what?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Anonymous! I wish I knew who you are so I could "heart" you back!

    CW

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the best one yet. Or at least my personal favorite. This kind of stripped down writing can be very powerful or cliche. I am happy you have such power and grace and talent to pull it off with poetic ease. Write more, please!!

    ReplyDelete

please make this an exchange of ideas... I appreciate interaction.