Thursday, November 18, 2010

Writing Ways

Sometimes I write with wild abandon-- forging ahead without thinking. A flow. A bite. A long, long escalation. It's explosive.

Sometimes I write with thoughtfulness-- carefully constructing an arc of words that carry meaning and weight. I am left feeling satisfied, accomplished-- A completeness and afterglow achieved.

Sometimes I tease with a nip, a tip. I flirt with an idea, a notion and just barely touch it.

Sometimes I punch the words into submission-- forcing conception.

It's all writing. It's all good. I love it.

CW

1 comment:

  1. Since this is a blog about words, can you write about what "euphemism" means next time you punch your words into submission?

    ReplyDelete

please make this an exchange of ideas... I appreciate interaction.